Saturday, January 8, 2011

Doing it on River's schedule this year?

For the past two years River and I have been doing it on my schedule. Actually a bit of a compromise. It's a bit much for her, at least sometimes. And we don't do it as often as I find myself wanting to. I'm often ready to go the next morning but River rarely is.

So this year I've offered to do it on River's schedule. I've offered before but she never takes me up on it. She really doesn't know how often she'd end up wanting to do it, if it were up to her. She likes it when we're doing it, but tends not to think about it when we're not. She doesn't think either of us would be happy with her schedule, and she doesn't think I'd last very long on it. She's probably right on both counts. But still I think it would be interesting to try. I'd at least like to give her more room to initiate. Let's just see what happens.

She does say she wants to do it today sometime. I try to seize the moment. "Right now?" "No, but thanks for the offer. I sure like you." "When you're liking someone, it's probably a good time. And if you're liking me, I'm probably liking you back."

And really, that's the reason I like to do it with her so much. And do all those other things I like to do with her, and for her. It all comes from the same place. I sure like her.

No comments yet

Post a comment: